2018 Spring Conference Information & Call for Proposals
Save the Date!
MASA / MOSPRA Spring Conference
April 4-6, 2018
The Lodge of the Four Seasons
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Call for 2017 MASA/MOSPRA Spring Conference Presentations
Deadline: November 17
The Program Committee for the 2018 MASA/MOSPRA Spring Conference is calling for presentation proposals. We believe that one of the strengths of the conference is the outstanding breakout sessions provided by our own members as well as other supporters of MASA and MOSPRA.
This is our preliminary call for proposals to get members started. We will send a second call in early October that will include a list of priority topics the committee has developed.
Deadline for proposals: November 187, 4:00 p.m.
Please go to this link to submit your proposal: https://goo.gl/forms/2OhduZD7Q3zslGZl1
MASA/MOSPRA does not accept proposals by vendors; however, should a member wish to involve a vendor in a presentation, this is acceptable. Please check with MASA or MOSPRA in advance.
You will be informed of the acceptance of your proposal by December 8, 2017.
Please share this with others on your administrative staff!
If you have questions, please contact MASA (573) 638-4825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority topics (but we encourage proposals on other innovative and best practices):
• Transition to ESSA and MSIP 6
• Mental Health
• Legal issues
• School finance
• Transgender (from the public relations point of view)
• Effective use of Social Media
• Effectively working a crisis (PR and Superintendent teams)
• Crisis communications help for districts without a communications professional
• Tips for “messaging” for superintendents in a crisis (including putting people in front of a camera)
• Dealing with the new realities of open carry laws (“legal” weapons in the school)
• Pros and cons of different methods of dealing with school intruders
• Unemployment compensation
• Increasing Advanced Placement Enrollment
We look forward to your session proposal. We’ll see you at the Spring Conference!
MASA/MOSPRA Program Committee