School Safety - Student Activism
In the wake of the February 14, 2018, Parkland, Florida, school shootings, school districts are discussing school safety, specifically preparing for student walkouts, sit-ins, rallies, etc. Below are several resources school districts may want to review.
On March 5, 2018, school districts in the Greater St. Louis area held a meeting to discuss ideas regarding overall school/student safety, logistics regarding a walkout, internal and external communications, and repurposing a walkout event. EducationPlus hosted the meeting at provided these notes and Powerpoint:
For more information, contact Director of Communications: email@example.com.
- AASA: http://www.aasa.org/policy-blogs.aspx?id=42161&blogid=84002
- NSBA: https://cdn-files.nsba.org/s3fs-public/reports/Student_Protest_Guidance_Report.pdf?uDSiFTRFtDrCDS1Om9rXvsD7CSUR27OA
- NASSP: http://blog.nassp.org/2018/02/23/considerations-for-principals-when-students-are-planning-an-organized-protest-or-walkout/
- KCPS Preparation
- NYSSBA Walk-Out Information .pdf
- Student Protest Election 2016 STAFF AND PARENT LETTERS.pdf